One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tobacco pipe with a bowl made from a dried corncob.
- ‘Smoothing up the cob on a belt sander will leave you with an appearance very like those commercially made corn-cob pipes and give you some really nice looking floats.’
- ‘Corncob pipes are very light and absorb nicotine and tar, and so will also color as you smoke.’
- ‘Id read of the recent modernization of the corncob pipe industry but never could have guessed what was in store for me.’
- ‘No corn-cob pipe is fit for anything until it has been used at least a fortnight.’
- ‘Many people believe that after consuming so much beer one lazy afternoon, one of our founding members became disoriented and misplaced his corn-cob pipe and asked his brethren if any of them had seen it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.