One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Glucose syrup, especially when made from cornflour.
- ‘For the orange blossom marshmallows, in a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, corn syrup, and water to a boil.’
- ‘The patties - typically made of corn syrup, soy flour, and brewer's yeast - create another problem.’
- ‘Commonly used sweeteners include honey, sugar, maple and corn syrup among others.’
- ‘High-fructose corn syrup is made from corn syrup by converting glucose into fructose.’
- ‘For the pumpkin seeds, in a small, covered saucepan, bring the sugar, water, and corn syrup to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until golden brown.’
- ‘This process is aided by adding a small amount of corn syrup, which contains another sugar, glucose.’
- ‘GM corn can be found in 50 per cent of all corn products and derivatives, such as corn starch, corn flour and corn syrup.’
- ‘In a saucepan, simmer the vinegar, water, corn syrup, cilantro root, and sugar until reduced by half.’
- ‘In a medium, covered saucepan bring the sugar, honey, corn syrup, and water to a boil.’
- ‘Stir in 3 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup until combined (do not overmix).’
- ‘Combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, butter and salt and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.’
- ‘In addition to sugar, look for ingredients like fructose, sucrose, and corn syrup, which are just a few of sugar's aliases.’
- ‘Use tested recipes for replacing sugar with honey and corn syrup.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the two liquids and add the simple syrup, corn syrup, and remaining cup of water.’
- ‘In a separate saucepan, melt the sugar and corn syrup.’
- ‘Sucrose, glucose, fructose and corn syrup are ‘code names’ for sugar.’
- ‘For the spiced caramel popcorn clusters: In a pot, combine sugar, corn syrup, water and lemon juice.’
- ‘I was about to tell him that he would need a wet cloth in order to fully clean himself since the sugar and corn syrup in soda would make his skin sticky but I didn't think that was a good idea at the moment.’
- ‘Can you find items you like with a smaller number of ingredients, and beverages that aren't loaded with sugar or high-fructose corn syrup?’
- ‘Avoid using fruit and sucrose (table sugar) or high-fructose corn syrup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.