One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for lamb's lettuce
- ‘Then there's a raft of Oriental greens, corn salad, Bull's Blood beetroot and yellow tomatoes.’
- ‘V. eriocarpa, Italian corn salad, belongs to the Mediterranean region and has longer, paler leaves than the main species.’
- ‘Until recently, mache - also known as lamb's lettuce or corn salad and a longtime staple in France - could be found here mainly in tony restaurants and upscale markets.’
- ‘Place a 2-inch tall ring mold around the cake; fill with a portion of corn salad and place two wax beans over the corn salad.’
- ‘Toss the corn salad with fresh lime juice, and garnish it with radish slices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.