One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oil obtained from the germ of maize, used in cooking and salad dressings.
- ‘In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade attachment, add the garlic, cumin, thyme, and corn oil and pulse to combine.’
- ‘Replace the garlic with chopped onion and the olive oil with corn oil.’
- ‘By cutting out soy oil and corn oil, and using olive oil instead, you can, virtually double the effect of any fish that you eat, scientists believe.’
- ‘Because it has a high smoke point, corn oil is ideal for frying or pan searing over high heat.’
- ‘Place a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 inch of corn oil to the skillet.’
- ‘The fatty acids are derived from either soybean or corn oil.’
- ‘Overall, fish oil consumption results in mild-to-modest improvement in psoriatic symptoms, although some studies show fish oil was not superior to corn oil or olive oil.’
- ‘It is cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oil which may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil, corn oil, canola oil, cottonseed oil or sunflower oil.’
- ‘Using a large skillet, heat up 1/2 cup of corn oil.’
- ‘Foods to avoid include margarine, fast food and processed foods containing sunflower, safflower and corn oil.’
- ‘Vegetable fats and oils with a high proportion of unsaturated fatty acids (e.g. olive oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, corn oil or wheat germ oil) are to be preferred.’
- ‘Sources of the essential fatty acid linoleic acid are soybean oil, corn oil and safflower oil.’
- ‘While fried food is usually unhealthy, the four fast food restaurants surveyed have switched to low cholesterol cooking oils like soybean and corn oil.’
- ‘It's easy, she says: Use canola oil instead of corn oil when cooking, put ground-up flaxseeds in muffin mixes, and eat fish once or twice a week.’
- ‘If you want to use oil for cooking, try olive oil or canola oil instead of oils that are high in polyunsaturated fats, such as corn oil, peanut oil, and many margarines.’
- ‘Olive oil, canola oil, and sesame oil are healthier than corn oil or vegetable shortening.’
- ‘Add the molasses, corn oil, and maple syrup and, using a rubber spatula, gently stir to combine.’
- ‘Ireland remains the most expensive country in the eurozone for basic foodstuffs, particularly for individual grocery items like eggs, mineral water, corn oil, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, oranges, chips, salt and instant soup.’
- ‘He advises consumption of expeller-pressed seed oils such as flax and borage oils, as well as coconut oil, rather than corn oil or margarine.’
- ‘Plant sources of fats such as corn oil, peanut oil, and soybean oil are up to 94% digestible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.