One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A daisy-like yellow-flowered Eurasian plant which was formerly a common weed of cornfields.
- ‘There are also eight annuals including corn poppy, corn marigold and cornflower and three biannuals including the most dramatic of all wildflowers, the foxglove.’
- ‘The front row, of corn marigolds, has barely germinated at all though.’
- ‘As well as holding a huge range of grassland wild flowers, such as ox-eye daisies, poppies, campion and corn marigold, the nursery grows plants from wetland, upland and woodland habitats.’
- ‘Corn marigold flowers from June to September, or even into October.’
- ‘An arable area at the Kew Royal Botanic Gardens - part of the Go Wild festival - includes a crop with key colourful plants like common poppy, corn marigold and corncockle, plus some clover and a ‘game strip’ down one side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.