One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An American moth caterpillar which is a pest of both maize and cotton.
- ‘They are economical to raise, however, and mass releases can be very effective against corn earworm, cabbageworms, loopers, hornworms, codling moth and other leaf-eating caterpillars.’
- ‘Among the Mexican free-tailed's favorite meals is the corn earworm, a crop-raiding pest that savages cornfields from Texas to Canada.’
- ‘The life cycle of the fall armyworm is similar to those of the corn earworm and armyworm.’
- ‘Big-eyed bugs appear to prefer the mobile pea aphids to the eggs of corn earworm even though the latter are more nutritious.’
- ‘Another pest commonly observed in the ears during the late summer is the corn earworm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.