One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bin or ventilated building for storing maize.
- ‘He had said once that he'd tear down an old corn crib for another farmer, hoping to get a little bit of salvageable wood out of the old structure.’
- ‘Then we stood up and we both walked outside and he went into the corn crib as I followed him.’
- ‘They will imprison the dog in the corn crib, and if after a few weeks he fails to show signs of disease, they'll let him out.’
- ‘One of the victims of the raids, James Cornells, lost his home and corn crib to fire, while the hostile warriors kidnapped his wife and sold her as a slave.’
- ‘A hay shed, a partially used machine shed, an unused corn crib, or any other shelter with a roof will be better than exposing your hay to what Mother Nature dishes out this summer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.