One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for crop circle
- ‘This photograph apparently shows part of what was thought to be a corn circle left in a field high on a hill at Mochdre, near Prestatyn, which overlooks the A55 Expressway.’
- ‘Underneath the corn circle thriller sci-fi exterior, he's trying to project an underlying message of faith versus coincidence, one that should provoke discussion of the movie's depth after viewing.’
- ‘A pub frequented by corn circle enthusiasts, including actors Goldie Hawn and her husband Kurt Russell, is at the centre of a canal feud.’
- ‘Driving back from a pub last night I spotted my first corn circle of the year.’
- ‘The world's first three-dimensional crop circle has been discovered deep in the English countryside, sparking the start of the corn circle season.’
- ‘The weird corn circles start to appear in other parts of the world and it suddenly seems as if the Waltons clan has strayed into the middle of a particularly fine episode of The X-Files.’
- ‘We normally fill airtime in August by chasing UFOs, corn circles, squirrels that mate with rats or count songbirds in the back garden.’
- ‘Then came the disappointing Signs, his film about - ooo-er! - corn circles, probably the least scary subject in the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.