One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A moth whose larvae feed upon and bore into maize.
- ‘The emerging corn borer moths are recaptured in black light traps placed at varying distances around the release sites.’
- ‘European corn borer moths have been active since the second week in May in south central Nebraska, based on catches in black light traps at Aurora and Clay Center, and activity likely has extended northward.’
- ‘Female corn borer moths have a sophisticated array of sensors to help find suitable sites for depositing eggs.’
- ‘So, when the corn borer nibbles on the plant, the borer dies.’
- ‘In the wild the wasps use their antennae to detect corn borer caterpillars, which the parasites use to hatch and grow their young.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.