One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very good; excellent.‘cars in corking condition’
excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, splendid, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate, outstandingView synonyms
- ‘Eyebrow-raising in print, they sound gripping here because of Andrews' glorious dagger-through-honey vocals, which combine with occasional strings and his band's raw passion to produce a corking debut.’
- ‘Two corking matches tomorrow and Tuesday, for starters.’
- ‘Somehow these two elements were combined in a corking afternoon's football at Dens Park yesterday that demonstrated Scottish football still has a pulse.’
- ‘He caught me with a corking right upper cut - I didn't know whether I was in Manchester or Las Vegas for a split second.’
- ‘Up until this morning, this was - as I am sure you will agree - a corking idea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.