One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of cancelling or forgoing a pay television subscription or landline phone connection in favour of an alternative Internet-based or wireless service.‘whenever there is talk of a pay TV decline, thoughts inevitably turn to cord cutting’
- ‘There's still a lot of momentum behind cord cutting and a la carte television consumption.’
- ‘It seems that a new statistic emerges every couple of weeks that attempts to quantify the severity of cord cutting.’
- ‘A service that offers live television could make cord cutting even more palatable.’
- ‘During the last 14 months, my fiancee and I have found cord cutting to be surprisingly easy overall, though occasionally frustrating.’
- ‘The concept of cord cutting implies, of course, breaking a consumer's dependence upon cable TV as a provider of entertainment and information.’
- ‘But the forecast fed recent investor concerns about cord cutting.’
- ‘The cable industry has seen a consistent decline in television subscribers in recent years as customers engage in cord cutting.’
- ‘Cable's more reliable performance has served as a deterrent for cord cutting.’
- ‘We believe this growth will be short lived as cord cutting continues and alternate video platforms continue to add more subscribers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.