One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who writes the text of advertisements or publicity material.
- ‘Maybe advertising copywriters are just ignorant and careless.’
- ‘I started as a copywriter and remained a copywriter for only about six months and then started making commercials and the company saw my passion and let me make ads for them.’
- ‘Over the years in Mumbai, she spends time as an advertising copywriter, a freelance journalist and a publications officer for the World Wildlife Fund.’
- ‘Each company that hires copywriters sets special standards and requirements for its individual copy writing process.’
- ‘These lines were all written by people in the business of communicating: politicians, advertising copywriters, journalists, government officials.’
- ‘You are a novelist, an advertising copywriter, and a small business owner.’
- ‘Milton, who worked as a film critic as well as an agency copywriter, was a wordsmith.’
- ‘McDonald's and Chrysler have already used poets as copywriters and voiceovers for their products.’
- ‘We highly recommend a professional copywriter to write the verbiage for your home page at the very least.’
- ‘This was obviously written by commercial copywriters, but I can't find anything that I disagree with.’
- ‘Like many small business owners, you might not have the budget to hire a slick copywriter to write all your ads and public relations materials.’
- ‘The interviewees cover various aspects of the advertising profession, including copywriters, researchers, account planners, and consultants.’
- ‘Before that, as an advertising copywriter, I looked at how culture solved problems.’
- ‘Usually what comes to mind are the art directors and copywriters at advertising agencies - the creatives.’
- ‘At 62, retired and living in Toronto, he should have been in his golden years after a successful career as an advertising copywriter.’
- ‘Now, that should be some inspiration for the city's umpteen advertising agencies, copywriters and visualisers.’
- ‘Second, and more simply, most advertising copywriters are young and male.’
- ‘In the future, please try to leave the copywriting and editing to the copywriters and editors.’
- ‘Each has its own performance claims, carefully crafted by advertising copywriters.’
- ‘When advertising guru David Ogilvy worked with his new copywriters, he asked them to write 100 headlines for each ad they created.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.