One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who writes the text of advertisements or publicity material.
- ‘Second, and more simply, most advertising copywriters are young and male.’
- ‘In the future, please try to leave the copywriting and editing to the copywriters and editors.’
- ‘Each has its own performance claims, carefully crafted by advertising copywriters.’
- ‘I started as a copywriter and remained a copywriter for only about six months and then started making commercials and the company saw my passion and let me make ads for them.’
- ‘This was obviously written by commercial copywriters, but I can't find anything that I disagree with.’
- ‘Maybe advertising copywriters are just ignorant and careless.’
- ‘Now, that should be some inspiration for the city's umpteen advertising agencies, copywriters and visualisers.’
- ‘Before that, as an advertising copywriter, I looked at how culture solved problems.’
- ‘Each company that hires copywriters sets special standards and requirements for its individual copy writing process.’
- ‘Over the years in Mumbai, she spends time as an advertising copywriter, a freelance journalist and a publications officer for the World Wildlife Fund.’
- ‘Like many small business owners, you might not have the budget to hire a slick copywriter to write all your ads and public relations materials.’
- ‘We highly recommend a professional copywriter to write the verbiage for your home page at the very least.’
- ‘These lines were all written by people in the business of communicating: politicians, advertising copywriters, journalists, government officials.’
- ‘When advertising guru David Ogilvy worked with his new copywriters, he asked them to write 100 headlines for each ad they created.’
- ‘Milton, who worked as a film critic as well as an agency copywriter, was a wordsmith.’
- ‘You are a novelist, an advertising copywriter, and a small business owner.’
- ‘Usually what comes to mind are the art directors and copywriters at advertising agencies - the creatives.’
- ‘McDonald's and Chrysler have already used poets as copywriters and voiceovers for their products.’
- ‘The interviewees cover various aspects of the advertising profession, including copywriters, researchers, account planners, and consultants.’
- ‘At 62, retired and living in Toronto, he should have been in his golden years after a successful career as an advertising copywriter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.