One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A desk in a newspaper office at which copy is edited for printing.
- ‘Barbara Ellis, Ph.D., is a seasoned copy editor, having served on six copydesks for nearly fifteen years and as a copy editing professor at Louisiana's McNeese State University for eight years.’
- ‘So I work on the copydesk at a video game magazine publishing company.’
- ‘As for the titles, they were almost always newspaper headlines written on the Toronto Daily Star or Star Weekly copydesks according to the place and space of the articles on the newspaper page.’
- ‘Nancy Cherry, co-chief of The Record's news copydesk, has been selected as NJMG's next teaching fellow at Rutgers University.’
- ‘Ellis served on six copydesks for nearly fifteen years and as a copy-writing professor at McNeese State University in Louisiana for eight years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.