One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sexual intercourse.‘males may seek copulation with the breeding female’
sexual intercourse, sex, intercourse, lovemaking, making love, sexual relations, anal penetration, sexual penetration, vaginal penetrationView synonyms
- ‘In the laboratory, golden egg bugs copulate repeatedly, with copulations often lasting [greater than] 10 hours.’
- ‘According to law you've got to disclose such a fact prior to copulation.’
- ‘Some religious tenets and social conventions ban copulation between unmarried couples or limit coitus to certain postures or positions.’
- ‘Due to a purely biological function, a tigress in oestrus goes through an intensive mating cycle that requires, as research indicates, copulation every 15 minutes resulting in 50 or 60 encounters over a couple of days.’
- ‘Same-sex copulation and bonding are common in hundreds of species, from bonobo apes to gulls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.