One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The eating of faeces or dung.
- ‘One senses that no one is paying a blind bit of attention, for the affairs of the province are as taboo in British society as coprophagy.’
- ‘It is interesting to note that non-human animals do just this, by indulging in coprophagy when their internal ecology has been disturbed.’
- ‘Some animals have overcome this deficiency by consuming the faeces or cecal content containing the microbes using a strategy termed coprophagy or cecotrophy respectively.’
- ‘Yes, they indulge in coprophagy or, more bluntly, poo-eating.’
- ‘Drylots were cleaned daily to remove waste and reduce the risk of coprophagy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.