Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A microprocessor designed to supplement the capabilities of the primary processor.
- ‘A video game system includes a game cartridge which is pluggably attached to a main console having a main processor, a 3D graphics generating coprocessor, expandable main memory and player controllers.’
- ‘His current interests include operating systems, security, secure coprocessors, and simulators.’
- ‘It's also worth mentioning that the quality of the multimedia has a lot to do with audio and video coprocessors.’
- ‘The on-board graphics coprocessor delivers instantaneous chart redraw and sharp graphics.’
- ‘The company has entered the race to deliver microprocessor cores that accept custom-made instructions, saying the move gives designers an alternative to hardwired logic and coprocessors.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.