One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Managed woodland consisting of coppiced shrubs or trees, with scattered trees that are allowed to reach full height.
- ‘Reinstatement of coppice with standards will be beneficial with protection from deer damage.’
- ‘Moreover, coppice and coppice with standards no longer provide the revenue which private owners expect.’
- ‘He prescribed coppice with standards under a 30 year rotation, the scheme had worked satisfactory.’
- ‘To improve the quality of harvests, foresters have been modifying forestry techniques for over a century, notably by converting old coppice with standards to even-aged high-forests.’
- ‘Where coppice with standards is the objective, then no more than 10 native standard trees per hectare are kept.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.