One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Managed woodland consisting of coppiced shrubs or trees, with scattered trees that are allowed to reach full height.
- ‘He prescribed coppice with standards under a 30 year rotation, the scheme had worked satisfactory.’
- ‘Reinstatement of coppice with standards will be beneficial with protection from deer damage.’
- ‘To improve the quality of harvests, foresters have been modifying forestry techniques for over a century, notably by converting old coppice with standards to even-aged high-forests.’
- ‘Where coppice with standards is the objective, then no more than 10 native standard trees per hectare are kept.’
- ‘Moreover, coppice and coppice with standards no longer provide the revenue which private owners expect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.