One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for chalcopyrite
- ‘Yet on his recovery, Gunnar realises that they are valuable copper pyrites, in sufficient quantity to restore the house's fortunes.’
- ‘Strings of copper pyrites lay along the junction of the dyke with the conglomerate, and to a minor extent at its junction with the slate.’
- ‘It is very difficult to separate iron pyrites, copper pyrites, mispickel, or sulphate of barium, from silver ores.’
- ‘The Pioneer Company's lode, at Collingwood, seems to belong to this class, showing a grey sulphide, and copper pyrites, in a quartz matrix, which has been tested with favourable results.’
- ‘Both iron and copper pyrites contain sulphur and the Marquis with his usual enthusiasm decided to build a sulphuric acid plant at the site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.