Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small or microscopic aquatic crustacean of the large class Copepoda.
- ‘Their diet consists mainly of copepods.’
- ‘Their diet consists primarily of parasitic copepods and other invertebrates that are taken from the mouth and gill openings of larger fish.’
- ‘This type of feeding can be found among certain spiders, mantids, scorpions, copepods, and midges.’
- ‘The most numerous inhabitants are hydroids and copepods.’
- ‘Blacksmith are plankton feeders preferring zooplankton, including copepods, and the eggs and larvae of other marine organisms.’
- ‘When a female copepod ingests the remains of a male mosquito larva killed by the protozoans, the copepod also ingests the spores.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.