A small or microscopic aquatic crustacean of the large class "Copepoda".
- ‘The most numerous inhabitants are hydroids and copepods.’
- ‘Their diet consists primarily of parasitic copepods and other invertebrates that are taken from the mouth and gill openings of larger fish.’
- ‘When a female copepod ingests the remains of a male mosquito larva killed by the protozoans, the copepod also ingests the spores.’
- ‘Blacksmith are plankton feeders preferring zooplankton, including copepods, and the eggs and larvae of other marine organisms.’
- ‘This type of feeding can be found among certain spiders, mantids, scorpions, copepods, and midges.’
- ‘Their diet consists mainly of copepods.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.