Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The number of atoms or ions immediately surrounding a central atom in a complex or crystal.
- ‘Finally, we consider the effect of the coordination number of the heme iron atom.’
- ‘As seen in Fig.10, newly generated cells move to sites with a higher coordination number, i.e., with a higher number of neighboring cells.’
- ‘The hydration pattern is perturbed around the star site; the running coordination number is greater by 1.6 water molecules than that of the correct site.’
- ‘This definition of the first coordination shell gives a coordination number of ~ 2.65.’
- ‘These results show a single cell migrating along the colony border toward a site with a larger coordination number.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.