One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Greenwich Mean Time
- ‘The reported data includes a Coordinated Universal Time time stamp, a phase measurement, and a voltage measurement.’
- ‘A compromise time scale was eventually devised, and on January 1, 1972, the new Coordinated Universal Time became effective internationally.’
- ‘All standard time and frequency stations broadcast Coordinated Universal Time, which is referenced to the Greenwich meridian.’
- ‘To avoid possible confusion due to time zones and daylight savings time when reporting the occurrence of earthquakes, the times of all earthquakes are recorded in a common standard - Coordinated Universal Time.’
- ‘The label UTC indicates that you are receiving Coordinated Universal Time from the National Institute of Standards and Technology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.