One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The pelt of a raccoon.as modifier ‘a coonskin hat’
- ‘There is a scene in the movie where I wear a coonskin hat and buckskin clothes and all that stuff when I first get to town.’
- ‘In 1956 my parents bought me a Davy Crockett costume complete with powder horn and coonskin cap.’
- ‘Billy gets excited because this means the price of coonskins will go up and Billy could make a lot of money if he catches a lot of coonskins.’
- ‘With the money from the coonskins and the prize money from the contest, the family now has enough money to move to town and for the children to have a better education.’
- ‘In short order, kids throughout the country were nagging their parents for the mock coonskin caps that coincidentally began to appear in stores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.