One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog of a black and tan American breed, used to hunt raccoons.
- ‘After high school she tried college but got thrown out for raising coonhounds in her dorm room.’
- ‘This usually means being dragged around the national forest at the end of a leash attached to Willie, a retired 85 pound black and tan coonhound with three legs.’
- ‘Cooking takes place mainly in the tiny kitchen of the marigold yellow cottage with periwinkle trim that Carrie shares with her two dogs, Moses the dachshund and Patty Lewis the redbone coonhound.’
- ‘Overall, owning a coonhound can be an extremely rewarding experience.’
- ‘Coonhounds are scent hounds and run their game entirely by smell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.