One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soft drink.‘sit and watch the fun with a fizzy green cooldrink in your hand’
- ‘Marsha, who sells cooldrinks, sweets and chips, said she was not placed with other food stalls, as she had requested.’
- ‘Compared to pure water and cooldrinks, milk is definitely selling at a lower price and it is not fair to the producers.’
- ‘Then there were the concerts held in house garages where school friends were invited and entertained for a small fee while mom provided the cooldrinks and eats.’
- ‘Most of the applicants came prepared for the wait with chairs, umbrellas and cooldrinks, while others used the opportunity to broadcast the cricket score.’
- ‘An East London train driver's life flashed before his eyes yesterday morning when his diesel locomotive smashed into a stationery truck carrying a load of cooldrinks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.