One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soft drink.‘sit and watch the fun with a fizzy green cooldrink in your hand’
- ‘Most of the applicants came prepared for the wait with chairs, umbrellas and cooldrinks, while others used the opportunity to broadcast the cricket score.’
- ‘Compared to pure water and cooldrinks, milk is definitely selling at a lower price and it is not fair to the producers.’
- ‘An East London train driver's life flashed before his eyes yesterday morning when his diesel locomotive smashed into a stationery truck carrying a load of cooldrinks.’
- ‘Then there were the concerts held in house garages where school friends were invited and entertained for a small fee while mom provided the cooldrinks and eats.’
- ‘Marsha, who sells cooldrinks, sweets and chips, said she was not placed with other food stalls, as she had requested.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.