One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cooking unit, usually with hot plates or burners, built into or fixed on the top of a cabinet or other surface.
- ‘The home I'm buying has electric ignition, rather than pilot lights, on most of the gas burning appliances - the furnace, the cooktop and the oven - but not the water heater.’
- ‘For the sink you'll need supply and drain lines, and for the cooktop a ventilation system-either an overhead unit or a downdraft model.’
- ‘The round butcher block between the cooktop and the sink, for instance, could have set the couple back quite a bit.’
- ‘At the core of the new plan is the work area, which includes double sinks, side-by-side wall ovens mounted under the cooktop, and a built-in refrigerator arranged near a center island.’
- ‘Most conventional cooktops are made of porcelain enamel which is very durable.’
- ‘Also, leave extra electric cable when installing electric wall ovens and cooktops.’
- ‘Refer to appliance installation instructions to determine proper procedures for removing a cooktop or other built-in appliance.’
- ‘With a cooktop, a dishwasher, and an under-counter refrigerator, the kitchen is fully functional.’
- ‘A major flaw in the old kitchen was the side-by-side configuration of the cooktop and double ovens, with no counter space in between.’
- ‘And we actually introduced some stainless shelves over there by the cooktop area.’
- ‘An electrically operated countertop containing a sink and cooktop allows the user to set the counter at the exact preferred height for any given task.’
- ‘Our question is, what natural type of cleaner would you suggest that is non-abrasive to stainless steel cooktops?’
- ‘Barbie doll-size kitchens will have just two-burner cooktops and overhead combination convection/microwave ovens.’
- ‘Open storage above the ovens and below the cooktop let her grab a pie tin or skillet without opening a cabinet door first.’
- ‘Notice, too, how the serving side of the island hides the cooktop, making it easier for the cook to conceal messy food preparation.’
- ‘Buyers who want an island cooktop should make sure that the island is at least 60 inches long.’
- ‘Almost half of all homeowners would like an island cooktop in their kitchen.’
- ‘The room's sink, dishwasher, cooktop, and refrigerator mean the clients don't have to subsist on takeout meals.’
- ‘Boil corn on one of the two-foot-square cooktops and deploy the optional grill kit to sear salmon steaks on the other.’
- ‘Do not rest cooking spoon or pan cover on the cooktop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.