One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Is that clear, or do I have to slip you my left for a convincer?’
- ‘Initially, this wasn't much of a convincer; when she was single and dating, Tonya employed a companion-locating algorithm that had steered her to Adam, after all.’
- ‘I was asked by several of my fellow theatergoers during the intermission and I swore to my integrity, placing my hand on the Bible I'd lifted from my last hotel room as a convincer.’
- ‘Kent, who claims never to have seen his own job description (he suggests that it ought to read, ‘Provide professional security services and other duties as required’), is a pretty good convincer.’
- ‘Now, in such a situation a really clever operator will only drop in a few of the ‘convincers’ that he has already developed and stored away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.