One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The yuan is already convertible in the current account, but tough controls are still imposed on the currency's convertibility in the capital account.’
- ‘Chinese philosophers believe in the mutual convertibility of blessings and misfortunes and nowhere is this dramatized so vividly as in Chinese officialdom.’
- ‘With increasing convertibility on the capital account, they will also attract undue attention from currency speculators.’
- ‘To facilitate this, they demanded convertibility for sterling balances.’
- ‘Dire consequences were predicted when, in 1971, Washington announced that it would no longer guarantee the convertibility of gold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.