One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Dire consequences were predicted when, in 1971, Washington announced that it would no longer guarantee the convertibility of gold.’
- ‘Chinese philosophers believe in the mutual convertibility of blessings and misfortunes and nowhere is this dramatized so vividly as in Chinese officialdom.’
- ‘The yuan is already convertible in the current account, but tough controls are still imposed on the currency's convertibility in the capital account.’
- ‘To facilitate this, they demanded convertibility for sterling balances.’
- ‘With increasing convertibility on the capital account, they will also attract undue attention from currency speculators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.