One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nuclear reactor that converts fertile material into fissile material.
- ‘The use of breeding or converter reactors would change considerably the above picture.’
- ‘A catalytic converter assembly includes two converter reactors connected one after the other in the exhaust gas flow.’
- ‘Chapter 7 reviews the possible role of advanced converter reactors as an intermediate step between today's thermal reactors and future fast breeder systems.’
- ‘This is because advanced converter reactors are optimised to achieve high conversion ratios and, in the case of heavy water moderated variants, low fissile inventories.’
- ‘The material has a proven use in breeder and converter reactor systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.