One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nuclear reactor that converts fertile material into fissile material.
- ‘Chapter 7 reviews the possible role of advanced converter reactors as an intermediate step between today's thermal reactors and future fast breeder systems.’
- ‘The use of breeding or converter reactors would change considerably the above picture.’
- ‘The material has a proven use in breeder and converter reactor systems.’
- ‘This is because advanced converter reactors are optimised to achieve high conversion ratios and, in the case of heavy water moderated variants, low fissile inventories.’
- ‘A catalytic converter assembly includes two converter reactors connected one after the other in the exhaust gas flow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.