One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
White rice prepared from brown rice that has been soaked, steamed under pressure, and then dried and milled.
- ‘This process leaves some B vitamins inside the converted rice even though the manufacturers remove the outside layers, but this version is still not your best choice.’
- ‘If you prepare the risotto with regular converted rice, you may not need to use all of the broth.’
- ‘Do not confuse converted rice with instant.’
- ‘Because of the cooking method, converted rice is actually slightly more nutritious than regular white rice.’
- ‘This is a sausage and rice casserole recipe made with bulk sausage, converted rice and vegetables.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.