Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] White rice prepared from brown rice that has been soaked, steamed under pressure, and then dried and milled.
- ‘Because of the cooking method, converted rice is actually slightly more nutritious than regular white rice.’
- ‘This is a sausage and rice casserole recipe made with bulk sausage, converted rice and vegetables.’
- ‘This process leaves some B vitamins inside the converted rice even though the manufacturers remove the outside layers, but this version is still not your best choice.’
- ‘Do not confuse converted rice with instant.’
- ‘If you prepare the risotto with regular converted rice, you may not need to use all of the broth.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.