One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fond of conversation; sociable.‘he can be a conversable companion if he feels it worth his while’
friendly, affable, amicable, cordial, neighbourly, hospitable, companionable, gregarious, convivial, clubbableView synonyms
- ‘Even Mr. Wickham admitted that Mr. Darcy can be a conversable companion if he feels it worth his while, or when among those he considers to be his equal.’
- ‘In her journals for 1787 Susan Burney describes Hoole as conversable, entertaining, and fond of children.’
- ‘Lady Hervey called him a very ingenious, sensible, knowing, conversable, and, what is still better, a worthy, honest, valuable man.’
- ‘Nettie was not a very conversable companion.’
- ‘I have met with some well-informed men, and some lively conversable women, but none of either sex that reminded me of the well-educated men and women of Europe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.