One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fond of conversation; sociable.‘he can be a conversable companion if he feels it worth his while’
friendly, affable, amicable, cordial, neighbourly, hospitable, companionable, gregarious, convivial, clubbableView synonyms
- ‘Nettie was not a very conversable companion.’
- ‘In her journals for 1787 Susan Burney describes Hoole as conversable, entertaining, and fond of children.’
- ‘Lady Hervey called him a very ingenious, sensible, knowing, conversable, and, what is still better, a worthy, honest, valuable man.’
- ‘I have met with some well-informed men, and some lively conversable women, but none of either sex that reminded me of the well-educated men and women of Europe.’
- ‘Even Mr. Wickham admitted that Mr. Darcy can be a conversable companion if he feels it worth his while, or when among those he considers to be his equal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.