One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Central and South American parakeet that typically has green plumage with patches of other colours.
- ‘I'm not sure if Quaker parrots live as long as conures, but I was also warned that she would need a mate by age 10 or so, or she'd become extremely sullen and nasty.’
- ‘I have a dusky conure, and she is that parakeet's twin.’
- ‘The collection of colourful South American macaws and Patagonian conures has been allowed to come and go as they please from their enclosure at the town's South Lakes Wild Animal Park for the past ten years.’
- ‘She and her husband reside in Arizona with their two cockatoos, two conures and a Chihuahua.’
- ‘A colony of cherry-headed conures lives close to downtown San Francisco.’
Mid 19th century: from modern Latin conurus (former genus name), from Greek kōnos ‘cone’ + oura ‘tail’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.