One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After the interviewees finished, we then asked open-ended questions meant to clarify contrastive reasoning and elicit narratives.’
- ‘The author also draws on research on language attitudes, contrastive analysis of Navajo and English, and discourse strategies.’
- ‘These cultural thinking patterns are called contrastive rhetoric.’
- ‘The causal-explanatory mode of reasoning makes significant use of a particular kind of explanation, namely contrastive explanation.’
- ‘It's contrastive, and true at every point along the route.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.