One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The causal-explanatory mode of reasoning makes significant use of a particular kind of explanation, namely contrastive explanation.’
- ‘These cultural thinking patterns are called contrastive rhetoric.’
- ‘After the interviewees finished, we then asked open-ended questions meant to clarify contrastive reasoning and elicit narratives.’
- ‘It's contrastive, and true at every point along the route.’
- ‘The author also draws on research on language attitudes, contrastive analysis of Navajo and English, and discourse strategies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.