Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance introduced into a part of the body in order to improve the visibility of internal structures during radiography.
- ‘Also, this method does not require a physician to administer the contrast medium.’
- ‘When contrast medium is used, adjacent vascular structures can be identified.’
- ‘You may swallow the contrast medium, insert it as an enema or receive it as an injection into a vein.’
- ‘The only complications that may arise from a CT scan are related to the contrast medium.’
- ‘This allowed for studying of any impact of the washout of the contrast medium from the blood pool.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.