One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ever since I was a boy, I've been fascinated by the great contrapuntists from Palestrina to Bach.’
- ‘What a marvelous contrapuntist he is, I think one of finest piano contrapuntists of the romantic period.’
- ‘Magnard himself was a natural contrapuntist, often seeming wilfully to shun the blandishments of orchestral colour.’
- ‘For example, Bach was influenced by the tremendous creativity displayed by the contrapuntists who preceded him.’
- ‘And as a first-rate contrapuntist, she felt entirely at home in the medium of the quartet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.