One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the side of the body opposite to that on which a particular structure or condition occurs.‘the symptom develops in the hand contralateral to the lesion’
- ‘In one case, the contralateral side was missing.’
- ‘During walking, external layers and internal layers on contralateral sides of the body were active in synchrony.’
- ‘In our patient, the contralateral pedicular stress fracture first occurred in combination with unilateral spondylolysis.’
- ‘This seems to be of biological relevance because contralateral (opposite side of tumor) use did not significantly increase the risk.’
- ‘The surgeon exposes the femoral artery on the contralateral (ie, opposite) side in the same fashion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.