One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a condition or circumstance) suggest or indicate that (a particular technique or drug) should not be used in the case in question.‘surgery may also be contraindicated for more general reasons of increased operative risk’
- ‘In these situations oral non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are contraindicated.’
- ‘Immunization during pregnancy is contraindicated because the effects on the fetus are unknown.’
- ‘Immuno deficient people and those for whom vaccine is contraindicated can also be helped.’
- ‘The vaccine is contraindicated in pregnant women, children under the age of six years, and immunocompromised patients.’
- ‘This drug is also contraindicated in children with anorexia nervosa, bulimia, or epilepsy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.