One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Your Honours heard from our learned friend, Mr Bain, that the obvious contradictor, Mr Hurst, has not appeared on this application.’
- ‘I think Sir Harry Gibbs said something about the necessity for a contradictor, too, in one of those injunction cases.’
- ‘That is the advantage of having contradictors.’
- ‘If there is no contradictor, try as counsel may to present the arguments, it is nonetheless much easier from my end if there is a true contradiction.’
- ‘In our submission, the proposition can be put this way, that the Tribunal, as you point out, does not have a contradictor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.