One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Decrease myocardial oxygen demand by decreasing heart rate, systolic blood pressure, and contractility.’
- ‘Activation of the adrenergic system triggers the release of catecholamines, which stimulate contractility, heart rate, and blood pressure and promote myocyte hypertrophy.’
- ‘Hypercapnia can also decrease respiratory muscle contractility, leading to a vicious circle of carbon dioxide retention.’
- ‘The muscular layers create vein contractility, which maintains venous tone.’
- ‘Studies performed in undernourished patients without respiratory disease have suggested that malnutrition may impair skeletal muscle contractility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.