One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Hypercapnia can also decrease respiratory muscle contractility, leading to a vicious circle of carbon dioxide retention.’
- ‘Studies performed in undernourished patients without respiratory disease have suggested that malnutrition may impair skeletal muscle contractility.’
- ‘Decrease myocardial oxygen demand by decreasing heart rate, systolic blood pressure, and contractility.’
- ‘Activation of the adrenergic system triggers the release of catecholamines, which stimulate contractility, heart rate, and blood pressure and promote myocyte hypertrophy.’
- ‘The muscular layers create vein contractility, which maintains venous tone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.