One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Capable of or producing contraction.‘the contractile activity of the human colon’
- ‘Smooth muscle fibers usually contract slowly but are capable of sustained contractile activity.’
- ‘The contractile activity in the distal esophagus was normal with propagating contractions of appropriate amplitude and duration.’
- ‘Locomotor skeletal muscle protein synthesis is sensitive to contractile activity and rapidly decreases within the first hours of reduced use.’
- ‘Good correlation exists between findings in vitro and the observed contractile properties in vivo.’
- ‘Smooth muscle cells possess a contractile apparatus consisting of actin and myosin filaments and the cytoskeleton.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.