One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Capable of or producing contraction.‘the contractile activity of the human colon’
- ‘Smooth muscle fibers usually contract slowly but are capable of sustained contractile activity.’
- ‘Smooth muscle cells possess a contractile apparatus consisting of actin and myosin filaments and the cytoskeleton.’
- ‘Good correlation exists between findings in vitro and the observed contractile properties in vivo.’
- ‘Locomotor skeletal muscle protein synthesis is sensitive to contractile activity and rapidly decreases within the first hours of reduced use.’
- ‘The contractile activity in the distal esophagus was normal with propagating contractions of appropriate amplitude and duration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.