One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for double bassoon
- ‘I play bassoon in a double reed group at my school and one member of our group has just bought a contra bassoon, and we're all really excited!’
- ‘For example, can the contrabassoon part be played up an octave?’
- ‘The symphonic repertoire calls for the basic 2 oboes and cor anglais, just as it does two flutes and piccolo, two clarinets and bass clarinet, two bassoons and contrabassoon.’
- ‘Of other sizes, the commonest is the contrabassoon.’
- ‘Four bassoons and a contrabassoon play together - sandwiched between two huge crescendos on timpani and bass drum.’
- ‘The tutti strangeness is that of an orchestra without violas and cellos, but in which double basses, contrabassoon and piccolos are prominent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.