One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for double bassoon
- ‘The tutti strangeness is that of an orchestra without violas and cellos, but in which double basses, contrabassoon and piccolos are prominent.’
- ‘Four bassoons and a contrabassoon play together - sandwiched between two huge crescendos on timpani and bass drum.’
- ‘I play bassoon in a double reed group at my school and one member of our group has just bought a contra bassoon, and we're all really excited!’
- ‘Of other sizes, the commonest is the contrabassoon.’
- ‘The symphonic repertoire calls for the basic 2 oboes and cor anglais, just as it does two flutes and piccolo, two clarinets and bass clarinet, two bassoons and contrabassoon.’
- ‘For example, can the contrabassoon part be played up an octave?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.