One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Meanwhile, the military government looked the other way as the merchants and contrabandists made thousands.’
- ‘But the contrabandists were occasionally too adroit for him.’
- ‘He suggested that they be sent back to Africa, an idea which the contrabandists fiercely rejected.’
- ‘In this case inevitably our small country becomes a base for drug smugglers, arms contrabandists and terrorists of all stripes.’
- ‘She was the sister of the venturesome contrabandist William.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.