One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rotating in the opposite direction or in opposite directions, especially about the same shaft.
- ‘However, most designs still had two or more contra-rotating blades to solve the torque problem and this caused highly complex and unsound craft.’
- ‘Another benefit was that the contra-rotating propellers eliminated torque.’
- ‘The valves are actuated via drag arms from twin, contra-rotating camshafts.’
- ‘The twin rotor mechanism seems very accurate for scale and is contra-rotating, an unexpected bonus on a model.’
- ‘With its wings folded and contra-rotating propellers missing, the former fighter was neatly parked between two of the unit's wooden huts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.