One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A map marked with contour lines.
- ‘The contour map also reveals a linear trend that runs parallel to the zone but some 40-50 km to the southeast’
- ‘I saw your doodle today and have to say that it looks like an individual contour from a contour map of steep terrain.’
- ‘This is a two- or three-dimensional contour map, which, while not showing the actual structure, does give information about any repeating pattern of higher density in the structure.’
- ‘And it's beautiful, it's as though I showed you a photograph, a beautiful contour map of the ocean floor.’
- ‘Each contour map is created for a specific unit.’
- ‘When a bulldozer driver excavates a building site, he's guided by a few stakes in the ground and a contour map.’
- ‘‘You can actually do a contour map, and you can have a game plan so that you have appropriate elevation levels,’ Dr. Schafer said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.