One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the prosody of the postmodern lyric sentence, the prose aspect is heightened as a continuer, the verse aspect lessened as a retarder.’
- ‘There is no honor higher than to be continuers of the glorious deeds of our ancestors, no duty loftier than to reliably protect the country.’
- ‘And, the work, of course, of Brahms, particularly his later work, as the great continuer of the study of his predecessors.’
- ‘‘They are our avant-garde,’ Allen wrote, ‘the true continuers of the modern movement in American poetry’.’
- ‘He left the church because he ‘could not embrace the role of race continuer that seemed, in a quiet way, also part of the church mission.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.