One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fraction of infinite length whose denominator is a quantity plus a fraction, which latter fraction has a similar denominator, and so on.
- ‘Catalan published extensively on continued fractions and number theory.’
- ‘In the continued fraction of the square root of an integer the same denominators recur periodically.’
- ‘He made substantial contributions to the analytical theory of numbers and worked on elliptic functions, continued fractions, and infinite series.’
- ‘However he also worked on differential equations, matrices and other topics in algebra, continued fractions, geometry and number theory.’
- ‘He wrote his doctoral thesis on algorithms for continued fractions which he submitted to the University of St Petersburg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.