Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fraction of infinite length whose denominator is a quantity plus a fraction, which latter fraction has a similar denominator, and so on.
- ‘In the continued fraction of the square root of an integer the same denominators recur periodically.’
- ‘He made substantial contributions to the analytical theory of numbers and worked on elliptic functions, continued fractions, and infinite series.’
- ‘However he also worked on differential equations, matrices and other topics in algebra, continued fractions, geometry and number theory.’
- ‘He wrote his doctoral thesis on algorithms for continued fractions which he submitted to the University of St Petersburg.’
- ‘Catalan published extensively on continued fractions and number theory.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.