One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A table showing the distribution of one variable in rows and another in columns, used to study the correlation between the two variables.
- ‘A two-by-two contingency table showed a significantly higher proportion of relapses among clinics on the Hong Kong Island.’
- ‘Here is the contingency table for tomorrow, which shows basically the same pattern that we've seen before.’
- ‘In a few cases, where the single-factor logistic regressions yielded poor fit, the data were analyzed with a two-factor contingency table.’
- ‘A contingency table was used to test the null hypothesis that the sex ratio was independent of habitat.’
- ‘In the contingency table for the full 24-class vegetation classification, two types of mismatches (errors in the traditional assessment) are highlighted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.