One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A table showing the distribution of one variable in rows and another in columns, used to study the correlation between the two variables.
- ‘A two-by-two contingency table showed a significantly higher proportion of relapses among clinics on the Hong Kong Island.’
- ‘A contingency table was used to test the null hypothesis that the sex ratio was independent of habitat.’
- ‘In the contingency table for the full 24-class vegetation classification, two types of mismatches (errors in the traditional assessment) are highlighted.’
- ‘In a few cases, where the single-factor logistic regressions yielded poor fit, the data were analyzed with a two-factor contingency table.’
- ‘Here is the contingency table for tomorrow, which shows basically the same pattern that we've seen before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.