One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school day lasting from early morning to early afternoon.
- ‘40 Young ambassadors from 23 countries participated in a week-long event where they made presentations and development within their own NHAs, where they also attended clinics, workshops, continental days and enjoyed a sightseeing tour through Amsterdam.’
- ‘Flexibility in education is important, as shown by the school in York, which from tomorrow will run to a continental day, starting at 8.30 am and finishing at 2.40 pm.’
- ‘Money is sceptical about the continental day and its reputed benefits but says the timetable is very popular with staff and parents.’
- ‘Adam was a good representative of continental days; strong of body and mind; dignified in manner, wore a queue, had knowledge of the Latin language, was a student of the philosophies.’
- ‘The pupil/group would the concentrate on one particular idea e.g. abolishing uniform, single sex classrooms, continental days etc. and spend time thinking of all the arguments for and against.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.