One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school day lasting from early morning to early afternoon.
- ‘Flexibility in education is important, as shown by the school in York, which from tomorrow will run to a continental day, starting at 8.30 am and finishing at 2.40 pm.’
- ‘Money is sceptical about the continental day and its reputed benefits but says the timetable is very popular with staff and parents.’
- ‘The pupil/group would the concentrate on one particular idea e.g. abolishing uniform, single sex classrooms, continental days etc. and spend time thinking of all the arguments for and against.’
- ‘40 Young ambassadors from 23 countries participated in a week-long event where they made presentations and development within their own NHAs, where they also attended clinics, workshops, continental days and enjoyed a sightseeing tour through Amsterdam.’
- ‘Adam was a good representative of continental days; strong of body and mind; dignified in manner, wore a queue, had knowledge of the Latin language, was a student of the philosophies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.