One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A relatively dry climate with very hot summers and very cold winters, characteristic of the central parts of Asia and North America.
- ‘The temperate continental climate in the center of the country, with long warm summers, relatively mild winters, and high rainfall, is favorable for agriculture.’
- ‘Burgundy enjoys a continental climate with dry, cold winters and hot, sunny summers.’
- ‘The animals became extinct at the end of the ice age because the climate changed to a more continental climate, with colder winters and warmer summers, and drier conditions.’
- ‘Belarus has a temperate continental climate, with a mild and humid winter, a warm summer, and a wet autumn.’
- ‘The inland region has a continental climate with very cold winters, hot, humid summers, and spring and autumn seasons that are often rainy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.