One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their contemptuousness colors the debate anyway, especially in the press.’
- ‘I guess that tells us a great deal about the sort of thinking that resides within the Government - a certain contemptuousness about parliamentary procedure.’
- ‘His reaction is to confront John, who encouraged this evangelistic initiative, with the racist and contemptuousness of its approach.’
- ‘This apolitical predisposition to mock precisely the kinds of people who'll actually pay to watch this kind of film is the height of contemptuousness.’
- ‘First, women should try to present their complaints in a calm way: Research shows that men are more likely to listen if their partners tone down hostility and avoid contemptuousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.