One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their contemptuousness colors the debate anyway, especially in the press.’
- ‘His reaction is to confront John, who encouraged this evangelistic initiative, with the racist and contemptuousness of its approach.’
- ‘This apolitical predisposition to mock precisely the kinds of people who'll actually pay to watch this kind of film is the height of contemptuousness.’
- ‘First, women should try to present their complaints in a calm way: Research shows that men are more likely to listen if their partners tone down hostility and avoid contemptuousness.’
- ‘I guess that tells us a great deal about the sort of thinking that resides within the Government - a certain contemptuousness about parliamentary procedure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.