One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A polluting or poisonous substance that makes something impure.‘people were exposed to airborne contaminants’
- ‘The district will purchase additional contaminant-monitoring equipment and instrumentation and beef up physical security at water filtration plants.’
- ‘The agency has established maximum levels for a number of potential contaminants.’
- ‘Approval must be obtained for each specific contaminant.’
- ‘A piece of contaminant broke loose from somewhere and destroyed the main hydraulic valve.’
- ‘It's difficult to add enough of a chemical contaminant to be a threat.’
- ‘An approved laboratory might not be approved to test for all potential drinking water contaminants.’
- ‘Closing off air intakes can reduce a system's ability to purge contaminants.’
- ‘In rare cases, hydrogen sulfide odor may be from sewage pollution, which can contain disease-producing contaminants.’
- ‘Other high-tech materials, such as carpet that can neutralize contaminants, are under investigation.’
- ‘Currently, public water supplies are tested for approximately 95 different contaminants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.